domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Poor Little Fool - Ricky Nelson (1958)

I used to play around with hearts that hastened at my callBut when I met that little girl, I knew that I would fallPoor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh, poor little fool, I was a fool, oh yeah)


She'd play around and teased me with her carefree Devil eyesShe'd hold me close and kiss me but her heart was full of liesPoor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh poor little fool, I was the fool, oh yeah)



She told me how she cared for me, and that we'd never partAnd so for the very first time, I gave away my heartPoor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh, poor little fool I was a fool, oh yeah)



Then the next day she was gone and I knew she lied to meShe left me with a broken heart and won her victoryPoor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh, poor little fool, I was a fool, oh yeah)



Well I'd played this game with other hearts, but I never thought I'd seeThe day that someone else would play love's foolish game with mePoor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh, poor little fool, I was a fool, oh yeah)Poor little fool, oh yeah, I was a fool, uh huh(Uh huh, poor little fool, little fool)